3.01.2007

Jesus grew...


"And the child (Jesus) grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom and the grace of God was upon him."
~Luke 2:40

Jesus was a child... He was totally dependant upon his parents for life... for food... for clean diapers... for protection... It is sorta wierd to me that the God of the universe has experienced the helplessness that humans live with every day, especially when we are young. Infinite God, has personally been touched by weakness.

That is exciting because it helps me believe that he really does understand my weakness... He really does understand my limitations. God personally has experienced them and therefore has compassion on us when we call on him.

Later in Luke chapter two, there is a story about Jesus as a twelve year old boy. How awesome is it that God himself was a teenager... he understands what it is like to have parent who do not understand... what it is like to grow more mature... to change physically, emotionally... he was incomplete and unfinished... and had to continue to develop...

"And as Jesus grew up, he increased in wisdom and in favor with God and people." ~Luke 2:52

If the God of the universe has to grow up, then it is ok if I am not fully grown up yet... I think that God is ok with me growing slowly and not being fully mature yet, as long as I am doing my best.

What do you think about Jesus being incomplete...?

The picture is my niece... she is one year old... and very cute.

1 comment:

feindluver4life said...

I am really liking th 53 challenge Brandon! It is helping me work through the day with out as much stress!