3.29.2007

Full heart and an empty pocket... (Luke 21:1-4)

The first few verse in Luke 21 talk about a widow who was bringing an offering to the temple. While many people gave more money than she did... she gave all that she had... two small copper coins.

it was a pathetic amount to offer to God... but Jesus saw it differently.

He said, "Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all the others"

What?!! how could he say that?

Where as they were weathly and gave only their extra... she gave everthing that she had...

I wonder what we learn from that.

Two things come to my mind...

1. I hear students tell me that they do not have any money all the time... and some of them are telling the truth... but did you know that over a billion people in the world live on less than a dollar a day? In other words less than $400 a year... or they live on less than my a playstation or xbox... so when I say I do not have any money... maybe I do not really know what that means... Even a dollar given in faith is enough if it is done with the right heart....

2. To whom much is given ... much is required... if I am wealthy, giving all I have to Jesus is harder... but still possible. What would it mean for you?

No comments: