3.16.2007

Top Five Highligts of Luke 12


As was reading Luke 12, I was struck by how many really awesome things it containted... so I made a list of my top five.

#1 (12:4-5) "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more"
~We serve God... who could possibly be greater than him?

#2 (12:15) "Watch out! Be on your gaurd against all kinds of greed... life is not about possessions....


#3 (12:25) "who of you by worrying can add a single hour to you life!"
~With a good who gives us what we need and ask for... why worry?

#4 (12:34) "where your treasure is, there you hearts will be also..."

#5 (12:48b) From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.


THose are my fav's... what are yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite is the part where Jesus comments on how much God takes care of the birds...and how much more precious we are to him. Won't he take care of us too?

Nathan said...

Holler at your boy, anonymous. I love that part too. It's like another part in the Bible where the father-son relationship is analyzed; would a father give his son a snake if he asked for something else? In that same way, God looks after us. But he'll care for us even more than birds.

The passage that scares me in this chapter, is the "Not Peace but Division" part (verses 49-53). I remember arguing the meaning of this passage with some atheists. What I drew up was that Jesus came to revolutionize the world from what it was, and to turn it back into God's kingdom. That kind of makes sense, but the way that Jesus says it makes it seem rash and malevolent. But perhaps that is Jesus just displaying his hot-sauce passion.