3.05.2007

Jesus was a Reject.... (Luke 4)


This the the honest truth: Jesus is the biggest reject in history. Nearly everyone has rejected him at times... In Luke 4 we see Jesus being rejected in Nazareth, the region he grew up in.

Jesus says this, "Truly I tell you, prophets are not accepted in their hometowns."

This is a stunning statement the requires further consideration...

I wonder today if the church is Jesus "hometown" and it is in the church that we do not accept him. Mayve, we do not allow him to truly speak into our lives as christians or into our practice as a community...

Maybe it is to scary to let God be in control for real... or maybe we just like to be in control ourselves... or maybe we are just lazy?

I know this is a struggle for me... I often reject Jesus just by not giving him time to speak into my life...

How about you? If you are a Christian, can you really say you make an effort to accept Jesus voice in your life daily?

No comments: