3.13.2007

When good is not good enough.

the car in the picture was my first car. I used to drive it everywhere, and I would use it to hall around all kinds of stuff. I would amaze people with how much stuff that I could fit in my not so big car.

In the picture I have put 4 or so 16 ft boards that are way longer than the car itself was....

Even though I could get lots of things in the car... there were limits. Even I had to make multiple trips when I was trying to move all of my stuff to college.

Often my life is a lot like that little car. I may be able to cram all kinds of stuff in, but there are limits... there is only so much I can do.

In Luke 10:38-42 Jesus has a discussion with two sisters, both of whom were doing good things. Jesus tells Martha, one of the sisters, that what her sister Mary has chosen was the better choice.

This does not mean Martha made a bad choice...

it simply means that there is more than good and bad....

there are better and best choices, and often we have to make tough choices between many good things.


Mary had chosen to not be involved in many good activities in order to make space in her life to listen to Jesus... it is hard to imagine a better choice than that... no matter what it costs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought i would be compairing my self with a car but ur so true i try to cram so much stuff into my life or "car" that i try to push the limite somtimes