3.09.2008

Half: Full or Empty? Of What!??

Half full or Half Empty really is the wrong question...

The right question is this... partially full or what?

If it is part full of Garbage... then it is bad... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty... what matters is that half of the glass has garbage in it...

In the same way, if the glass has poison in it... partially full or empty is not nearly as important as the substance present in the glass.

No on the other hand, if it is the right thing however... then the amount does matter.

If I am dying of thirst and there is some clean water in the glass... I want it to be fully full. Even half full would be better than nothing.

In the same way, our lives often get a bunch of stuff dumped in them... some good... some bad...

What is amazing is the Jesus wants to fill us up completely... not half full... or half empty... he wants to make us Fully Full. Plus he wants to fill us fully full with him. HIS LOVE, and Power, and Grace, and Acceptance.... GOD WANTS TO FILL US FULLY FULL with the best "stuff" in the entire universe.... himself!

Jesus desire is that the very infinite completeness that is in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, would be in us.

In Jesus all the fullness of Deity Dwells... in in Jesus we can have this fullness too if we let God fill us up so much that all the garbage gets washed out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this message. Because everywhere I look, I see sayings such as "My heart isn't half empty, it's half full." But you're message is "Half: full or empty? OF WHAT?!" And that made me think. It doesn't matter if I'm half full, or even if I am all the way full. It could be garbage! What does matter, is that I should be fully full of Jesus!

Thanks for everything you've done! I really appreciate you teaching us these lessons.

-Rebekah H

Anonymous said...

i really liked that message you told it really hit hard. What was the name of the book?!




-Lizard