3.08.2008

The Evolution of Brandon Brown? (and so what?)

I think that we often do not think enough about the universe... and particularly how incredible it is.

People often say that they believe in evolution because the science of it is incontrovertible. ... I am not sure what they mean by this.

According to science anything that cannot be proven by observation and extensive experimentation, is not a scientific absolute... it is merely a possibility.

We call these scientifically plausible possibilities Theories...

I am just not sure what it means to "believe" in a theory... That sounds sorta like faith to me. I mean if it was a proven fact, it would not be a theory and then no faith would be necessary...

SO... when I hear people talking about believing in the THEORY of evolution I am often confused... but I already said that....

What confuses me even more is when they say, usually trying to sound very intelligent, that they do not believe in God because they believe in evolution... and they are far to scientifically minded to believe in an unprovable myth such as God...

They further argue... that a bunch of philosophers or theologians created God because they are trying to explain all the things in the universe that they cannot understand... so because these religious people are too "weak" to deal with the reality of a Cold Evolving universe... they have chosen to believe in a Creator God instead...

SO now my head is spinning... When the scientists guess what must have happened an indeterminable number of millions of years ago and then baptize this unproven non-scientifically verifiable theory as the only logical choice for an educated person... that just sounds life faith to me...

it sounds like religion...

They must want to believe its true because are too "weak" to deal with the reality of a universe that they cannot understand scientifically because it is simply to large for science alone to grasp.

Maybe they make fun of everybody else because they are trying to convince themselves they are right.

I think that God created the universe. That is my FAITH assumption or Theory. I have been testing this my whole life... and the series of experiments that are my life keep verifying that my theory is right.

I cannot prove this with science... but science has never, disproven it... because it can't. Personally I think evolution would actually make me believe in God even more.

Who else but God would be able to create such an intricate system of planets and stars and life but God.

Who else would be smart enough to set a course of action in place that would take millions of years to reach its fulfillment.

The theory of evolution demands an Intellectual God capable of keeping track of the advancement of all things.


Maybe God Spoke and the there was a big Bang as he created all things....

that sounds almost like what the Bible says...

Colossians 1:16 For in [Jesus Christ] all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible,... all things have been created through him and for him.


So here is my thought... if you are going to set the course of your life on religious faith: GOD or Evolution... why not choose the one who made everything.... after all...
Colossians 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the chair that is for god and i think that what you said on tuesday was really cool

Anonymous said...

yea i agree. i really think that how u told us about that one book, and about all of the garbage that they were eating, i thought that that was really cool. showing all those pictures was interesting too :). thanks for the powerful lesson.

Anonymous said...

That's why I teach science... because the way God made the universe is so amazing!!! Whenever I stop to really think about how intricately He designed everything I either want to jump up and down out of unspeakable excitement or joy or fall on my face in awe of God's amazing power, might, and wisdom. (You should get me started on the water molecule sometime. On second thought, maybe not. It's hard to shut me up once I get going!)
By the way, I showed a lot of those same pictures to my students during our astronomy unit, and they were awed.

Anonymous said...

yah. i really liked the message tuesday! i like the pictures of all the different galaxies and the story about all the garbage!

Anonymous said...

i like the whole thing about the girl eating trash because she thought it was the finest of foods bu it really was trash

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how God made all of those galaxies?

I really liked the story you shared with us, about all the people eating garbage.

I LOVE YOUR LESSONS.