11.08.2008

Numbers 5: Things that Make you Cringe (By Brodie)

Numbers 5:5
The LORD said to Moses, 6 "Say to the Israelites: 'Any man or woman who wrongs another in any way [b] and so is unfaithful to the LORD is guilty 7 and must confess the sin they have committed. They must make full restitution for the wrong they have done


This verse really makes me cringe.
I wish it wasn’t in there. I wish it didn’t have to be true!!!...but it is. It says that whenever I do wrong towards anyone else, it is like I am doing wrong (being unfaithful) to God Himself.

The whole chapter (5) is about Israel living in their camp in such a way that others look to them as the example of how to live.

One of those ways is that they should treat each other as if what they did was a direct action towards God, because it was. The same thought applies to us today.
This means that what I say about my parents shows God how I feel about Him.

The way I act towards the people I don’t like, shows God how I feel about Him. The way I go about my day, shows God how I feel about Him. The way I treat others in any situation shows God how I feel about Him! So let me ask you…if God were standing around the corner when you talk to your family, to your friends, to the people you aren’t crazy about…would he feel like you are crazy about Him?? Like you are following Him with your whole heart?? I have looked back at my day and have already had to talk to some people and think differently just because of this verse…what about you??

Brodie
Childrens Ministry Pastor

No comments: