11.28.2008

Numbers 22: A talking Donkey?

Have you ever been as stubborn as Balaam in this story? He is so stubborn to see the angel (probably because he wasn’t seeking what God wanted for him) that he beat his beloved donkey – who had gotten him through long years of traveling, I’m sure.

It would have been pretty embarrassing to have a donkey set you straight when you aren’t listening to God. It shows that God can get your attention in unusual ways – you just need to be paying attention to Him and spending time seeking what he wants for you.

When I want to seek God, I surrender myself to Him: Take my life, take my mind, take my heart and make it all of you. Help me to see what you want me to do. Help me to become who you want me to become. I am nothing without you, God. Take control of my life.

If Balaam would have surrendered himself to God, do you think this story would have ended differently? What do you think would have happened?

No comments: