1.23.2008

Paparazzi comment round-up: What students are saying.

>~The Leson last Week was awsome Brandon i hope this week will help as much as they have in the past. I really dont have a positive outlook on myself looks at sometimes and these weekly lessons help,


~Hi Brandon! I really liked your talk on tuesday! When you talked about girls like one guy and just acting like the bug zapper with them not even thinking about god, it reminded me of our school. There is one guy that is one of the most "popular" people at school. EVERYONE likes him and the girls don't even think about God. He is one of my bestest friends and he tells me that his church is really dumb and boring. So when some of my friends are around him, they focus more on him then God and always say yeah church is dumb. You never learn anything. We shouldn't be tricked by outer beaty but insides what counts. (as you said) I just hope they learn that they can still like him without not thinking about God. well, thanks again for the talk! It was really good!


~hey brandon
i really appreciated the message you spoke at nexus about the hot r not thing
i can use that at my school when people judge other people for what they look like and they judge you on who you hang out with and who you talk to. thnx


~You are so right! I have a friend, that nobody ever hanged around with and she didn't have the best selection of clothes, anyway I got to no her and she is like one of the nicest encouraging people I met. People just didn't take enough time to realize it.


~the talk really go tto me because i can relate to stuff like that. becuase there is this girl who i know that is on the cheer squad with me. she is alot bigger than the other girls and everyone always makes fun of her. only the people on the cheer squad know that she gives alot of effort inot what she is doing. even though she cant get her legs up as high as the other girls, she gives 110% effort. she is now one of my close friends.


~hey brandon, so i was thinking about this one the day after nexus. and i was thinking..how much is God worth to me? because i was also listening to this song about the Columbine shooting and if someone asked me with a gun to my head Do you believe in God? i was thinking..is he really worth that much to me that i would say yes and die? and i really want to be able to say yes and know that i'm living my life fully for Him. So not only (in my thoughts) should we ask the question: How much are we worth. we should ask as well: How much is God worth


~What your saying is so true. eing free is not all its cracked up to be. There should be limits and thats what keeps us from buying french fries for 5 billion dollars,


~hey brandon i really want to thank you because you helped from making a gigantic mistake on wednsday night because like the last girls school its like a real giant thing to have sex and my girlfriend was like pressured to have sex and it was reallt like all of the guys say like your a coward if you dont do this and like "dude c'mon do this if you dont your a total lame so we had planned to have sex after school that wedsnday so after school that wedsnday i told her like the whole little you said and she was like yeah your tottaly right and i dont blame her for wanting to have sex because the girls was like pressuring to do it so after we talked it out we dicided not to do that just because what you said so to make a long story short me and my girlfriend want to thank you "thank you brandon"


~this new series is great. it has helped me tremendously with my faith and conscience. keep up the good work!~~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its really cool that middle school kids are opening up like that

Anonymous said...

wow. its almost sad how much kids are being pressured to have sex. nice lesson brandon. it looks like you helped a group of kids. [:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for teaching what you have been teaching, Brandon. It's been a good reminder and challenge for all of us, even those of us who have heard it all a million times. Sometimes we forget.

Anonymous said...

b:
u really are one of the most amazing speakers i've ever heard. and i don't have to pay to listen. ur like joel osteen w/o the southern-fried accent and ridiculous posse. cuz we aren't ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Wow i never thought to think that this is what celebrities are. I really wanted to be like Miley Cyrus, until last week's lesson, you taught me to just be myself and go with the flow with my own life, not live someone else's. Thank you so MUCH! I love Mosaic and i want to keep coming no matter what! Over the past couple of months you've been teaching us the things we need to get ourselves ready for a christian life. Even though there may be some bumps in the roads, we can still come to god and pray to him asking him for his help...'cause he's always there for us...

Anonymous said...

Wow. At our school, their isn't really a lot of pressure to have sex ( yet) but apparently there is at the HS. however, people are like, making out all over the place. Its really disgusting. and they're going down that road.....a lot of people think that church is stupid. Which really makes me sad- and one of the things my dad said to me was, "Those are the kind of people who need praying for."
Wow. I think our church is really amazing.....I absolutely LOVE listenting to you talk. which sounds kinda weird if u think about it but you're a great speaker. which must take a lot of courage. BRAVO I found out something REALLY COOL today....one of my other friends that doesn't go to our church right now is GOING TO MEXICO because Ava asked her what she thought. Pretty cool, huh?!?