1.09.2008

Freedom is overrated

If I have something of singularly great value... if I own it...

then I am free to use of abuse it as I choose... but I would be a fool to not respect it.

Suppose this object was for example, the world's largest diamond. And further suppose that I decided to take it with me to McDonalds one day.

While there I suddenly grew very hungry; the smell of freshly fried thin potato strips overpowering my willpower... but low in behold, I have brought only my billion dollar diamond and have no cash....

bummer, they don't have change for 5 billion...

hmmm...

Well, I am free aren't I... I will just let them keep the change...

So in a ludicrous moment of unyielding gluttonous hunger, I do it...

I give them the world's largest diamond in exchange for a super size order of fries and a few packets of ketchup...

Now I am really showing how free I am right?

No... I am the world's largest idiot...

I have traded that which had no earthly equal for a fast food experience which could be replicated by anyone possessing $1.69

1 comment:

Chicklett said...

What your saying is so true. eing free is not all its cracked up to be. There should be limits and thats what keeps us from buying french fries for 5 billion dollars,