12.10.2007

five3challenge: John 20


After Jesus was tried, he was crucified. On the Cross he took upon himself all of the guilt of humanity. Jesus became our sin so that we might be restored to a right relationship with God.

But then, Jesus rose from the dead three days later.

The first time he appeared to his disciples, Thomas was not present. He told the others that he would never believe unless he touched Jesus himself... and low and behold... a little while later Jesus showed up again, and thomas got his desire.

In John 20:29 we see Jesus response to this.

Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me."


I think Jesus was talking about us. If it was hard for Thomas to believe, how much harder for those of us who live so long after Jesus... and yet... hard as it may be... i think that God pours out special blessings on us so that we can find him and find belief!

Having doubts? Ask God to help you to find him!

5 comments:

james said...

The 5-3 challenge was a great idea im really enjoying readign about jesus and his miracles!



John Bloedel

james said...

Hi Branden

Its James the annoying kid thats always pestering you any way me and my brother have been doign the 5-3 challenge and its been great so far see you tonght!


James Bloedel

james said...

ps

its says I commeted twice but I dident that was my little brother on my blogger acount

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon,

It's Lauren!
I'm mad that Nexus is cancelled for tonight!!!!

(You'll have to give the people who emailed you their prize from the BIG BOX OF RANDOM STUFF next week!)

-Lauren :)

Anonymous said...

I aggree! Also I have enjoyed reading The Gospel of John and watching it in Mosaic on Sunday mornings. It is really fun to learn about the life of Jesus.