12.03.2007

five3challenge John 14... a few more thoughts...


Hey... there were a few verses in John 14 that I did not touch on, but still wanted to.

In 14:12 Jesus says

"I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.


This is pretty cool to me... it means that the greatest works of God on earth are still to come. Obviously Jesus death on the cross in unrepeatable, but when we are faithful and follow him, there are still great works left to be accomplished by faith... Great works like the ones God can do through you when you are seeking to be faithful to him....


In 14:15 Jesus says
"If you love me, obey my commandments."
This seems easy enough to understand. God is loving and forgiving... but if I really love him then I will want to show him by living the life he demonstrated for us... the best kind of life that seeks to obey him in all things... If I have no desire to obey... it could be that my love has grown cold.

Finally in 14:16 Jesus talks about the Holy Spirit saying,
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate,* who will never leave you.17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth."
This is so cool because it means we are never alone... God's spirit is always with us... PLUS... it is his spirit that leads us into the great truths about God... Try this... the next time a verse is confusing to you, ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to understanding.!

No comments: