12.02.2007

five3challenge John 14...

Jesus is the truth...

Jesus is the way...

Jesus is the life...

First off, you need to take note of John 13:37-38.
37 "But why can't I come now, Lord?" he asked. "I'm ready to die for you."
38 Jesus answered, "Die for me? I tell you the truth, Peter—before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me.

Did you catch that? John is making it clear that Chapter 13 is the beginning of the night that Jesus is arrested and ultimately crucified. Even though chapter 14-17 don't say much about this, this whole section is his final discourse to his most trusted disciples. 13 -18 all take place in the period of 24 hours or less.

That said, lets look at chapter 14. Verse 14:6 is one of the most famous in the Bible:

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.


This passage makes it clear how important Jesus is. he is the Way... to reconnection with God. He is the truth... that sets you free. He is the Life... that comes from God and never stops... eternal life.

What happens next explains how Jesus can be all these things...

John 14:7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is.* From now on, you do know him and have seen him!" 8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied." 9 Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?


Jesus is so much more than simply a child descendent from God... He is GOD.

God is three persons in one being. God the Father... God the son... and God the Holy Spirit...

Jesus is the way to God... because he is God...

No comments: