11.14.2007

five3challenge: John 5

Jesus was a copycat.

Seriously I am not joking... look at what he says in John 5:19

"Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."


Jesus copied his Father God in the way he lived... and now we can copy Jesus copying the Father.

This is why our mission statement for Mosaic is

"learning to live and love like Jesus"


If Jesus, being himself very God, thought that imitating the father was the right way to live... then we also should learn to be Jesus copycats. We should do whatever he does.

WHY?
Because Jesus also said this:
24 "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.


When we follow the son, following the father... We experience life as it was meant to be...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am doing well in the five3challenge and I keep up with it well. But I have a prayer request that I can desire to read God's word instead of it becoming a daily routine. I want to acually be excited to read God's word. Thanks.