11.28.2007

five3challenge: John 12

Jesus smelled really good...sometimes...

Not long after Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, Jesus is having dinner at his house. At the dinner Mary, Lazarus sister, took some very expensive perfume and poured on Jesus feet. Then with her own hair she wiped his feet.

As many have pointed out... this perfume was most likely intended for Mary's wedding, but following Jesus raising of Lazarus... life would never be the same for Mary

Even if she married, she would never get over knowing that she had met the One who had power of Death.

She had experienced such wonderful things in Jesus... that all the treasures of life were now secondary... even human love.

She was ruined for Jesus...

But Jesus was so fragrant that the whole house was filled with the smell...


Have you been ruined for Jesus yet? What crazy things have you been moved to do simply because you love him so much?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say it's my “telemarketing-witnessing.” It's a long story (kinda) how I, not characteristically intrepid, got into this foray, but often when I get sales calls at home, I now turn them around and ask the caller if it's OK if I share something with THEM first before I listen to what they have to say (98% say "sure."). So I share the gospel of Christ briefly and then listen to them politely. When they are finished, I ask if I can pray with them (95% say "sure"). It is an amazing and exhilarating experience, and only God knows the fruit of this "ministry" until I am with Him someday.