11.14.2007

five3challenge: John 4

God is looking for people who will worship him.

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.


I remember being thrown to think that God would look for anything, after all doesn't he have everything he wants? But in John 4, Jesus seems to indicate that God is looking for people who truly worship him with all their hearts and minds. People who do not just say the right words, but also live the right lives and love Jesus for real.

How about you... Will God find what he is looking for in you? Will he find it in me?

I think it would be so cool if God looked at me one day and was like, "Uh HA!, you are what I have been looking for... you really love me and worship me."

I hope that it does happen.

No comments: