2.28.2008

C4: Why Follow Jesus?

If following Jesus is hard to do, and can cause me to miss out on some of the fun that life has to offer then why do it? Why Follow Jesus?

2 main reasons

1. Because, according to the Bible, he is the only way to God the Father. If you want to have a relationship with God and have your sin taken care of then you must follow Jesus. Now, don't get me wrong... I think there is nothing better than following Jesus... truly. But regardless of my thoughts on the matter, I need to follow him...


2. Following Jesus is crazy awesome...and scary all at the same time. When I follow Jesus and truly let him have my life... it can be scary because I am not sure what he will do with it.

In my case... God called me to be a pastor when I was around 15 years old. At the time, I felt like he was ruining my life. I would be poor and single forever was my fear. The truth is that God has made me so rich because I trusted his path for my life. Not rich in money (Although I am not poor either), but rich in friendship and experience.

If I had not followed him, I would have missed out on Elmbrook and all of the students there that I love so much.

I would not have met and married Emily... and I would not be having a Baby with her...

I might have had a few more moments of fun here and there... but would I really trade my life now... and all of its blessings for anything else? I never would.

Choosing to Follow God... even though it is hard at times... was the best decision I could have ever made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, following Jesus is crazy awesome! If I hadn't chose to follow Jesus, I would have never met Blair, or Mara or Chrissy (and many others)! I would have never heard your awesome messages either, Brandon. And most of all... If I had never chose to follow Jesus, I wouldn't go to Heaven. Doing the "fun" things in life may be "cool".. but I think following Jesus is cooler!


-Rebekah H