2.27.2007


So tonight at Godsquad we launched the Five-Three challenge. 5 minutes talking to God, 5 Minutes reading a chapter of Luke 5 days a week... You should try it. Luke chapter 1 begins with this:

"Luke 1:1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught."

This is a great summary of what the Gospel of Luke is all about. It is an organized account of what happenned at the time that Jesus walked this earth... There were many things written about Jesus' life and the many people that it impacted. The book of Like is part one of a two part series.... the Book of Acts is part 2.

Luke is a great place to start if you want to know more about Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do not get it... maybe i just need to read on and pray to God to help me get whatever he wants me to get out of this and for Him to help me to understand...

if you would like to comen then i dont care but just a thought...



Sophia Munch_

Brandon J. Brown said...

Sophia, thanks for your comment. It can be hard to understand the bible and even more difficult at times to figure out what it is saying to me on a given day. I find that if I pray and ask God to speak to me, that a lot of times he does so through his word. As I read luke 1, I was struck by how incredible it is that Mary was highly favored by God. While she was special in getting to carry the savior of the world in her womb, I do not think she is alone. I think that God's favor is on all of us to some degree. He love us... that moves me to want to worship him... what do you think about it?

Anonymous said...

hello... sorry it took me like 50 lightyears to check if anyone commented on my thoughts.... yeah it is deffinetly amazing how God favors every single person in a different way.... and how He picked Mary to be his mother, just an average girl... have you ever seen... ahh what is it called... danget i cannot think of the name of the movie but it was in theatres a little bit ago... it was the story of mary and joseph and how they got married...it was really good!! that was really good for me to see becuase i allways find it hard to imagine mary and joseph as just average people and not being like special and important and being reallly well liked...but they werent well liked... and yeah its pretty amazing what god can do!!!!
im really syced to go to godsquad this week well i am every week but.... yeah... when is the next worship night? those are great!!!!!!! hey can you tell emily to get back to me like call me or email me or something... thanks... well i have to go do about a lot of homework so yeahhh...see ya tomorow!!

Sophia